Wednesday, July 8, 2009

30th birthday








Just thought posting a few pics would be fun! (Below)


We had such an amazing time this weekend!!!! It could not have been better.. really!
Although the 4th was pretty freaking hot.. disgusting actually. Ugh, over 100 degree weather should not be allowed!!!
We survived it though! Fans were used to cool many places.. some photos were not appropriate to post.....
Ahem (mainly the ones of me).
I forgot how blazing HOT Texas gets in July!!! Sheesh!



Our incredible friends, Brian and Ivonne, took such good care of us! We stayed with them for 4 days and 3 nights. It zoooooomed by so quickly but every single day was full of fun, great laughs, lots of conversation, late-night chats... it was perfect.
FYI: We fixed ALL of the world's problems in those 4 days ;)

My birthday morning, yesterday, was so awesome. Brian and Ivonne came into our room with hot, fresh, Mexican cocoa, singing "Happy Birthday". We were all still in our pj's and just hung out on the bed talking and being silly for nearly two hours. They took such care in making everything so special for me all weekend. It was unbelievable.
Stuart and I are so blessed to have such friends in our lives... Without a doubt, we will be always be in each other's lives. The word "friend" isn't nearly enough..
In another posting, I'll post pics of the cool gifts they brought me back from Scotland.... a beautiful wool scarf with our family's colors and the prettiest compact I've ever seen!


At Sunday night's dinner, we saw our awesome friends, Geoff and Stacie (who also came to the picnic and fireworks.. they are amazing friends that we were thrilled to see twice! Catching up in such a short time is so hard but somehow, with them, we always seem to pick up right where we left off.. Great friends! The best.. Can't wait for their visit to Nashville... soon???)
We saw Aaron, Debbie, and their 2 wonderful kids, Sam and Jacob (saw them twice, actually. Lunch the next day at Byblo's Lebanese restaurant. Had tons of fun with them, as always! So sweet and thoughtful.. and Crazy! ;)
Also saw Veronica and her fiance, Jeff (was awesome to see her and to finally meet the lucky guy! Wish a lifetime of happiness to them!)
Saw Glynda and Charlie (my previous client/fabulous friend and her sweet hubby.. Time goes by too fast and yet she looks the same as 3 yrs ago!)
And Gary and Jim (miss them so much! The dinner was quick, hugs even quicker... not nearly enough time but we will keep in touch.. Texting is a GREAT invention!)

At dinner, I was surprised me with a princess tiara, balloons, and a wacky-light-up necklace. Oh yes... I was the main attraction at Uncle Julio's that night! ;) And that doesn't even take into account my Godzilla heels that I was encouraged to buy earlier that afternoon... (Ivonne) Apparently heels are for grown-ups and I needed to begin my collection since I've officially entered that group! They are pretty cool shoes.
Although I do need a little practice walking in them to avoid sounding like a herd of cattle... :) Even in Texas, that's kinda frowned upon..


So far so good with 30! It was an absolutely perfect weekend! Thanks to my amazing husband and our friends!
It is a blessing in life to have one or even two great friends but to have so many people that care about us and that wanted to see us.... multiple times!
Wow.
We are so thankful..... Life is good, isn't it?



















































No comments: