Thursday, May 14, 2009

The stork has gone bonkers!!!!

Okay, can I just say how exciting it is to see soooo many families getting their referrals right now?

I think that 10 families that I follow have either brought their babies home or received their referral in the past 6 wks... And 4 or 5 referrals have been in the past 2 weeks!  Wow!

Stuart and I are really enjoying watching their journeys unfold. Its pretty cool.

But seriously what the heck is going on with all of these babies all of a sudden??? One family just received their referral after waiting for only 4 months! Another family had the same experience in February and I thought that was a fluke... but apparently its not.

I was reading in the new edition of "Adoptive Family" magazine that there is a speeding-up of the referral process due, in part, to the economy. I guess a lot of families are having to drop out of line due to poor economic circumstances. So other families are moving through the line much, much quicker to fill those spaces. Its kind of sad, really. But everything happens for a reason and every adoptive family is joined with their child at the right time. It has to be absolutely heartbreaking to be that close...

I just pray that the economy will get better very, very soon and that the people that are needing and wanting and persuing jobs will be rewarded for their perseverance and determination.

Annnnd back to happier stuff...

lalala

bunnies, daffodils, chocolate sundaes, yellow houses... 

Meanwhile, that wacky stork has gone bonkers all over the blog-world and babies are everywhere!!! I can't wait to see who the next little mama is!! Congrats to all of you guys!!!

2 comments:

JoJo said...

I've been noticing too! I think I was one of the first to kick off 'referral season.' But it's true...our son was MEANT for us..totally.

Sunnymama said...

We are almost officially on the waiting list! Our home study is done. I could wait just 4 months, I would be okay with that!