Thursday, May 7, 2009

$8000

Federalhousingtaxcredit.com

Just thought I'd slip that little link in for anyone that may have read my blog a few days ago in which I mistakenly said that the $8000 tax credit for first time home buyers was crap...

Turns out its not crap after all. I just happen to be really, really bad at math!! ;) Seriously, anyone that read my statement that 10% of 800,000 is 8,000.... uh, oops! The correct answer would be 80,000.  So yeah, I was wrong and actually almost everyone does get that $8,000 tax credit, including me!! Yay!

 

Other Stuff...

We are in the financing stages of our house-buying venture. We have 2 lenders trying to match each others rates right now... niiice. Hopefully that will all be settled tomorrow.

And our house inspection is tomorrow morning, too. I think Stuart is going to be there for the last part to at least have some idea what's what and where's where. We are praying that the plumbing is not original to the house... 100 years old. Yikes. 

We're trying to figure out how much of our junk we're going to get rid of in the next few weeks. A garage sale is most definitely in our near-future. Clutter is a drag, especially since we don't want to bother with moving it and won't really have room for it in the new place anyway.

I love our new house but looking at the pictures again tonight, I noticed the bathroom's lack of storage space.... uh-oh. What the crap am I going to do with my many, many, many necessary products and makeup??? Its so sad to actually have that as a real issue.. but I loooove my products!

And we'll have to figure out the non-pantry situation... Storage in the kitchen is at a minimum as well. Although it will be much easier to lose weight if we don't have room for food, right?? This keeps getting better and better!

Adoption News...

Clearly forking out the cash to get into a house this summer has altered our plans a tad. We will have to push our application time to later this year, probably Nov/Dec... so 6 months back. Not too bad. What's 6 months in the big picture?

It does hurt my heart to wait longer but it feels awesome to know that we'll have a sweet, little house to bring our baby home to! 

   

No comments: