Sunday, February 21, 2010

mother teresa and paperwork

I have found the paradox....
that if you love until it hurts,
there can be no more hurt,
only more love.

Mother Teresa



How incredible is that quote??
I heard it today at church and it touched my heart, deeply..
Maybe its because of us adopting.. But maybe its simply from being suddenly more aware
of the enormous number of children that live in sadness & hopelessness, believing that
they have been forgotten by the world.. wondering who will love them..
It breaks my heart..
But what can we do??....

As usual, I'm just trying to figure it all out! :)

Meanwhile, our paperwork fiasco is still progressing.
Stu is downstairs as I type this, chipping away
at his autobiography.
And I have my psychological evaluation tomorrow.. Yikes! ;) Its not really
the sort of test you can study for though. I mean, either I'm crazy or I'm not, right? ha.
So, anywho, keep me in your prayers tomorrow from 11-3. I have a one hour session,
followed by a 2 hour test.
Sounds grueling! For a good cause though :)

6 comments:

Christine said...

Wow! That psychological evaluation sounds serious! I'm sure you'll be fine. ;) Love that quote, too--just beautiful!

Sunnymama said...

Summer, your amazing! Thanks for the inspiration speech with the climatic ending. You know how to whoo the crowd. HeHe! On a more serious note...your pretty spectacular and thanks for being there for me!

Lucky Mama said...

Congrats on finally being able to move forward. I'm excited to follow along as you meet your child.

Annie said...

Your in my prayers to keep moving forward to your little one, Summer. Did you decide on Ethiopia? We had a few changes along the way and Ethiopia was a top contender. In fact, if for some reason Taiwan didn't work out, Ethiopia would be next for us. The children are beautiful in Ethiopia and I hear the program is solid. Blessings!

Liberty said...

Good luck to you with the adoption. Certainly there is a child who genuinely needs a home and will flourish in yours!

Libby

Melissa said...

Summer you've got such a beautiful heart! That is a great quote no wonder it touched you. :)