Friday, September 18, 2009

Korean Adoption in the Headlines


KATHERINE HEIGL AND JOSH KELLEY ADOPT BABY

Beverly Hills, CA; September 17, 2009…

Katherine Heigl (Grey's Anatomy) and Josh Kelley (singer) have adopted a 10 month old, special needs baby girl from Korea.

Katherine and Josh have named their daughter Nancy Leigh and she will go by the nickname Naleigh. She is named after Katherine’s mother Nancy and Katherine's sister Margaret Leigh. . Heigl's sister, Meg, was adopted from Korea.

Katherine, Josh and Naleigh are together and doing well

"We started talking about adoption even before we were engaged because it's really important to me," Heigl said. "It's been a big part of my life and my family. My sister is Korean and my parents adopted her back in the '70s
and so I just always knew that this is something I wanted to do."




What a sweet family!

I hope and pray that publicity like this will cause other families to open their hearts and their lives to adoption...



No comments: