Tuesday, March 17, 2009

rice cake envy?

Today I had an uneasy feeling..

It all started when my manager at work asked me how the adoption process is coming. I told her it was good, still trying to get all of our paperwork together and forms filled out for the application. Then she said that she has a really strong feeling that we'll have our baby a lot faster than we think.. "a LOT faster.."
Ok..

It may sound crazy, but I actually started panicking a little bit. What does she mean "a LOT faster"??
Don't get me wrong, we're ready for our family to be together. But we're not ready-ready..
you know, $-wise...
Let's just say, we're ready in our hearts but not in our bank account! Ha.

I worried about it for a while at work, then I had a few appointments and got over it.
Until I checked my blogs tonight and saw that someone just received their referral. Yay!!!
Except they only applied in January... as in 2 months ago!
What the? How is that even possible, when I have other people on my blog list that applied last June, August, etc. and they are still waiting for their referrals?
Hmmm.. I wonder...
Seems kinda weird that it would be so fast for them... Maybe its their agency? I don't know.

I freaked again though because that means they'll probably have their baby home by July! That's less time than a pregnancy.. 7 months! Nice.
Well, good for them. Truly, I'm very happy for their quick process and hope a speedy trip to Seoul for them!

But I really, really, really hope it doesn't move that quickly for us!
Seriously, I'm totally ok with the good ol' 18 month plan! Oh, yes.

___________________________

Found an awesome Korean proverb...


남의 떡이 더 커 보인다
Someone else's rice cake always looks bigger.


Ah... So true, so true.
Aaaand that just about sums it up from here ;)


No comments: